Sunday, June 23, 2013

Holiday Beauty Heros!

Hey beauty belles! 

So I've recently just come back from an amazing holiday with my boyfriend in Cape Verde. For those of you thinking 'where the hell is that?' its a group of islands off West Africa, just below the Canary Islands. Its a really unknown and upcoming holiday destination and was absolutely AMAZING and SO beautiful! I managed to catch a pretty good tan considering that it was pretty much cloudy and windy every day :-) 

Whenever I come back from holiday, my aim is to a) stop myself from peeling for as long as possible and b) keep my tan for as long as possible... it literally becomes an obsession!

After 10 days of being home, my skin has finally decided to peel and I have to say that I think thats pretty impressive! A few people have also asked me 'how have you kept up your tan for so long?' so I thought I'd come on here and share with you all my tips and tricks on how to stop yourself from peeling, keep your tan for longer and my ultimate Holiday Beauty Hero's that I couldn't live whilst away. 



So lets start of with the Skincare...


Please don't judge me for being so late but yes, sadly I have only just discovered how bad face wipes are for your skin... I know, I'm horrifically late! I never even realised how much alcohol they contain! So, in light of this new information I decided that I would get a make-up remover to take off my make-up instead of using a face wipe as I can only imagine that a wipe would practically strip my face of its tan!

Rituals Mild Eye Make-up Remover is AHMAZING. It feels unbelievably soft and soothing and takes off make-up like a dream. It contains Lotus Flower and Rice Bran Oil for extra moisturisation and yummy skin goodness. It doesn't sting and just leaves skin feeling ultra soft and supple. 

Changing this part of my routine has most certainly made a difference. I never usually get as tanned on my face as I have this holiday and if I do it starts to fade within a few days of returning home. Literally, my face has NEVER been this tanned before and it has stayed for ages so I am more than happy with the results! If you haven't done this already and bought yourself a good make-up remover instead of using face wipes, do it NOW! 

This cocoa butter is like the god of all cocoa butters in my book. Its creamy, smells good and makes my skin so unbelievably soft. This is my secret weapon whilst on holiday. I first apply my aftersun after tanning and then apply this badboy over the top for an extra veil of protection and moisture, just so it can lock my tan in even more. Always works a charm and keeps my skin tanned for ages. 

I really hate having oily skin anyway, let alone whilst on holiday and I recently bought this to test out. (review here) I really really love this moisturiser. I'm a big fan of Origins anyway and just love the way this feels and finishes on the skin. It soaks right in and as expected, doesn't leave my face feeling oily. Perf!

4. Indeed Laboratories Hydraluron, £24.99
Staying moisturised is the key factor for keeping a tan for longer and to fight premature peeling. Hydraluron is the purest form of Hyaluronic acid available to buy and works as a complete base after cleansing - almost like a drink for your skin. It holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water and just completely sinks in to give dehydrated skin a moisture boost! It leaves your skin feeling, soft, supple and plump, exactly what you need after a long day of sun exposure! I literally can't live without this product.


I colour my hair all the time so when I go on holiday it always ends up completely fading and drying out. I just really can't be bothered to cover it! Aussie Coloured Hair Protection + Shine Serum is the ultimate all-in-one haircare product whilst abroad. The size is perfect and it provides heat protection and shine in one easy formula... all you need whilst basking for 10 days in the sun! For those with coloured hair I would HIGHLY recommend this product. Just apply it and brush it through the hair each time after washing. 


This newly formulated aftersun provides 24 hour hydration so with one application, your completely covered until the next day! It contains silk ribbon technology and has that signature yummy Hawaiian Tropic fragrance to help make you smell like summer as well as look like it! The formula is quite thick but you can feel it soak in on application straight away.

This smooth and silky aftersun contains 30% pure Aloe Vera meaning its AMAZING for sunburn. The Aloe Vera also helps to lock in your tan further and for longer providing deep moisturisation with natural ingredients. 

My body moisturisation routine on holiday usually starts with the Rituals Aftersun Hydrating Lotion followed by Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration and then Palmer's Cocoa Butter. A lot I know, but it works!

8. Banana Boat SPF50 for Baby, 
When I'm on holiday I have to be really careful of my eye area. I've got EXTREMELY sensitive skin around the eyes and they get really puffy if I don't put a strong SPF around them - its sort of like I'm allergic to the sun! This SPF50 from Banana Boat is great, its so lightweight it actually feels like its not doing anything! It completely protects, is waterproof and gives great coverage, you only need a little bit to coverage a large area! 

My final tip for keeping your tan and fighting premature peeling is to take a mini empty bottle and fill it up with your chosen moisturiser, in this case mine would be Palmer's Cocoa Butter, and put it in the bottle. Take this with you on the plane and keep applying everytime your skin starts to feel tight. The planes air conditioning is what actually completely dries out your skin on the way home, so don't let all your hard work sunbathing go to waste by not moisturising! 

What are your holiday hero's? Have you tried any of the above? Let me know!








No comments:

Post a Comment