Monday, October 29, 2012

Topshop Nail Varnish in Moonshine

Welcome to my FIRST (of many) beauty review - can I get a WHOOP WHOOP! 

So I've been looking (for what seems like forever) for a new metallic nail colour. My ultimate fav has to be Revlon Nail Enamel in Gold Coin (if you haven't tried it I would seriously recommend that you do!) Gold is my favourite colour and Revlon's is such a perfect metallic gold shade that doesn't come out clumpy looking or tacky at all. However, I've been wanting something a little bit different to gold as I've been wearing Revlon's for the last year or so now.

I've been wanting to try Topshop Nail Enamels for a while but the price has always put me off, £6 - £6.50 just seemed wayy too much for their tiny bottles. However, while I was shopping with my boyfriend the other day I spotted the PERFECT shade that I'd been looking for and in the end just had to try it. 


Apologies for the unclear photos, I've just started and I am currently investing in a new camera :)

101 Moonshine looks like a silvery, metallic colour but is actually a cross between a rose gold/pearl colour. The brush and application of Topshops Polish is sooo much better than I thought it was going to be. It comes out ultra smooth and sleek and looks gorgeous on your nail, even after the first coat! The brush is a great size as well, making it easy to apply. The range of coverage is also great too and looks completely opaque after the second coat. 





As mentioned before, at first glance I thought £6 was a bit too much to spend on a Topshop Nail Varnish. Although the bottles were pretty, I had just never really been convinced as the bottle really isn't that big either. However, after trying this shade I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. 

This definitely has now got to be one of my favourite colours out of my collection and I would highly recommend it if your looking for a chic metallic shade this Winter. Although it may seem flashy, its great for a casual every day look and even perfect for a night out - it literally goes with everything! 

Have you tried Topshop Nail Polishes? What's your favourite shade? 


Topshop Moonshine £6/8ml via Topshop




1 comment: